Careers in Public Broadcasting: Employment opportunities throughout the public broadcasting industry can be found at the Corporation for Public Broadcasting's Jobline.
CET is an equal opportunity employer.
BROADCAST MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
This is a position based at Public Media Connect’s ThinkTV station in downtown Dayton, Ohio. It reports to the Director of Engineering Services, and it entails responsibilities for all broadcast related equipment, including servers, Master Control devices, production cameras, audio/visual electronics, transmitter equipment, and IT servers. Also, this person will be responsible for oversight of all facility systems - electronic, mechanical, and electrical equipment.
Install, and be able to operate a wide range of video and audio equipment used for broadcasting and production in a modern cross-platform digital media organization
Troubleshoot at systems level and perform routine maintenance and repair of electric, mechanical, or electronic equipment used by or for production or dissemination of audio, video, and data material
Perform routine maintenance of on-air facilities
Maintain the station’s logs as required by the FCC and/or as directed by the organization.
Control, adjust, and setup studio camera systems.
Operate and maintain server, automation, and routing systems.
Maintain HVAC and security systems at transmitter and studio sites.
Operate and control TV transmitter remote control and automatic login systems.
Facility equipment includes Nversion automation, Grass Valley servers and switcher, Miranda, Harris transmitters, Sony cameras.
Oversee IT broadcast networks and have the ability to maintain hardware and software used in broadcasting
Provide first call response for broadcast and on-air emergencies, ensuring all incidents and service requests are properly resolved, and documented and classified.
Provides engineering support for live productions and post-production workflows
- College degree or trade school equivalent degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an Engineering position
- Working knowledge of analog and digital technologies and engineering practices
- SBE certification preferred.
- Ability to easily and willingly interact with others, follows instructions, & communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Possess a high level of standards of what constitutes technical excellence.
- Have working knowledge of IT networking and prior hands-on experience in varied
- Be available for 24 hour on call as needed.
If interested and qualified, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Media Connect is an equal Opportunity employer