Careers in Public Broadcasting: Employment opportunities throughout the public broadcasting industry can be found at the Corporation for Public Broadcasting's Jobline.
CET is an equal opportunity employer.
Chief Financial Officer
PUBLIC MEDIA CONNECT (PMC), the regional partnership/organization formed by CET, Cincinnati and ThinkTV, Dayton seeks candidates for its Chief Financial Officer. PMC serves a population of more than 3.5 million people in the greater Cincinnati and Dayton markets. The organization operates three PBS-member stations and provides a variety of educational, production, multimedia, and community services.
The Chief Financial Officer reports directly to the President/CEO and has responsibility for all of Public Media Connect’s financial oversight and management, including significant periodic and annual financial reporting, supervision of finance/accounting support staff, maintaining relationships with external public broadcasting organizations, and outside financial institutions. This position also has direct managerial oversight for the Human Resources and technology functions of the organization.
As a Senior Manager, the CFO will be actively involved as a key community contact and representative of the organization and the CEO in the Greater Cincinnati market.
- Develop and publish monthly financial reports
- Prepare financial reports for Board and Board Committee meetings
- Prepare, submit, and oversee annual fiscal year operating budgets
- Serve as consultant to the CEO and all Senior managers regarding financial matters
- Prepare for and oversee the annual audit with outside CPA firm
- Handle financial reporting related to PBS, CPB, and other broadcast entities
- Oversee the day to day accounting functions and accounting staff
- Oversee the HR function via supervision of the HR manager
- Oversee the Technology function via supervision of the Chief Technology Officer
- Respond to the Development/Fundraising department’s requests for financial information to support grant applications and reports, submissions to government funding agencies, etc.
- Interact with PMC’s legal counsel on matters related to investments, bequests, and other legal matters of a financial nature.
- Negotiate for and maintain insurance programs covering PMC’s physical assets, general liability, trustees and officers liability, and broadcast liability
- Assist the CEO on projects and initiatives as directed
- Attend Board and Board Committee meetings and perform specific roles as requested by the CEO
- Attend all Senior Staff Meetings and make presentations as necessary
- Support Chief Development Officer’s fund raising efforts on behalf of the CEO by serving as a key community contact though involvement with business and institutional leaders as well as influential private citizens and foundations.
- BA or BS in finance or accounting.
- Currently active CPA a preference.
- 10 or more years of experience in finance/accounting, with 5 years at the management level.
- Understanding or working knowledge of non-profit organizations a distinct plus.
- Strong communication and social skills to interact extensively with internal and external audiences.
- Ability to manage and work effectively with employees in a collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated experience working in a key senior managerial position
- Knowledge of and relationships within the community a plus.
If you are a person who fits our qualifications and is looking for a career position that will offer you a challenge as well as the opportunity to be part of a team making a meaningful contribution to the community, we want to hear from you. Please submit your letter of interest and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Media Connect, the regional public television organization that includes ThinkTV in Dayton and CET in Cincinnati, is looking for a Videographer. This position will be based in Cincinnati, but the person filling the position will be required to travel to Dayton from time to time to assist with production work at ThinkTV. The person selected will be expected to create and develop visual storytelling across multiple platforms, using videography to inform engage, and entertain viewers
Key Job Duties:
- Create high quality multimedia pieces using videography that accurately informs and entertains audiences.
- Demonstrates a strong command of techniques and sophisticated craftsmanship in video storytelling.
- Handles lighting on remote sites and both lighting and set design /construction in the studio as needed.
- Ability to use basic and advanced techniques to get the optimum video product in any environment
- Experience with advanced multimedia storytelling techniques on multiple platforms
- Bachelor’s in Communications, Journalism, or video production + 2-4 years hands- on experience or equivalent combination
- Ability to work extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays sometimes unexpectedly
- Enjoys working collaboratively within a cross-functional environment.
If interested and qualified, please send a resume and demo reel to: email@example.com.
Public Media connect (PMC), the regional public television organization formed by CET in Cincinnati and ThinkTV in Dayton, has an opening for an Accounting Manager. The position is located in Dayton, and it reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Essential Responsibilities: Handles all daily financial functions, including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, and purchasing. Has responsibilities also for financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, and supporting budgets and forecast activities.
- Daily hands-on oversight of all accounting activity
- Assisting with preparation of monthly financial statements
- Assisting with preparation of financial reporting to outside agencies
- Maintains financial system data bases.
- Coordinates development of annual budget data
- Serves as back-up processer of bi-weekly payroll data and makes all entries in the general ledger regarding payroll
- Manages accounts receivables, cash posting, and invoicing using an on-line system for Underwriting and entries for the general ledger
- Manages pledge receivables and cash posting using an on-line system and makes entries to the general ledger.
- Advises managers on issues involving accounting internal control
- Consults with other managers on all areas of financial management
- Directly supervises the Accounting clerk in his/her daily activities
- Oversees purchase of general office supplies and office equipment
- Directly supervises other non-accounting office staff members as may be assigned
Candidate should have a college degree in Business Administration, with areas of concentration in Accounting, Finance, or related areas. CPA desirable but not required.
- Five years accounting experience with progressively increasing responsibilities. Public
- accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting standards of not-for-profit organizations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to interact with all staff members in a positive and collaborative manner
Public Media Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer