Careers in Public Broadcasting: Employment opportunities throughout the public broadcasting industry can be found at the Corporation for Public Broadcasting's Jobline.
CET is an equal opportunity employer.
CORPORATE SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE
Public Media Connect (PMC), the regional public television organization formed by CET in Cincinnati and ThinkTV in Dayton, is searching for a Corporate Support/ Underwriting person for its CET station. This position will report directly to the Chief Development Officer and will be based at the downtown studios of CET.
- Develop personal contacts and maintain good relationships with businesses, corporations, , advertising agencies, and underwriters to solicit underwriting agreements on behalf of CET
- Prepare proposals and negotiate rates for all CET platforms
- Work with productions department to write and help produce TV underwriting spots
- Write copy adhering to PMC guidelines and FCC policies for non-commercial broadcasters
- Monitor traffic, productions, and billing for underwriting agreements on behalf of CET
- Negotiate adjustments and credits plus handle underwriting complaints and concerns
- Participate in on-air fundraising and other Development Department efforts as needed and/or requested
- Oversee the maintenance of appropriate directories and files on corporations, organizations, agencies, and individuals that are current or prospective underwriting clients.
- Work with PMC’s business office regarding CET related collections
- Two or more years of experience in sales and/or development of marketing plans
- BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Understanding of the advertising process for TV and Online platforms
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in meeting sales goals
- Experience in the advertising sales process for TV and/or radio
- Familiarity with media marketing promotions and new business development
- Excellent communications skills with customers and staff members
- Experience with working for and/or with a public broadcasting station
- Familiarity with credit and collections practices
- Ability to plan schedules and meet deadlines, including attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience with the Cincinnati marketplace strongly desired.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a positive manner to further the mission and goals of CET absolutely essential
If interested and qualified, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Media Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer