Careers in Public Broadcasting: Employment opportunities throughout the public broadcasting industry can be found at the Corporation for Public Broadcasting's Jobline.
CET is an equal opportunity employer.
Chief Financial Officer
PUBLIC MEDIA CONNECT (PMC), the regional partnership/organization formed by CET, Cincinnati and ThinkTV, Dayton seeks candidates for its Chief Financial Officer. PMC serves a population of more than 3.5 million people in the greater Cincinnati and Dayton markets. The organization operates three PBS-member stations and provides a variety of educational, production, multimedia, and community services.
The Chief Financial Officer reports directly to the President/CEO and has responsibility for all of Public Media Connect’s financial oversight and management, including significant periodic and annual financial reporting, supervision of finance/accounting support staff, maintaining relationships with external public broadcasting organizations, and outside financial institutions. This position also has direct managerial oversight for the Human Resources and technology functions of the organization.
As a Senior Manager, the CFO will be actively involved as a key community contact and representative of the organization and the CEO in the Greater Cincinnati market.
- Develop and publish monthly financial reports
- Prepare financial reports for Board and Board Committee meetings
- Prepare, submit, and oversee annual fiscal year operating budgets
- Serve as consultant to the CEO and all Senior managers regarding financial matters
- Prepare for and oversee the annual audit with outside CPA firm
- Handle financial reporting related to PBS, CPB, and other broadcast entities
- Oversee the day to day accounting functions and accounting staff
- Oversee the HR function via supervision of the HR manager
- Oversee the Technology function via supervision of the Chief Technology Officer
- Respond to the Development/Fundraising department’s requests for financial information to support grant applications and reports, submissions to government funding agencies, etc.
- Interact with PMC’s legal counsel on matters related to investments, bequests, and other legal matters of a financial nature.
- Negotiate for and maintain insurance programs covering PMC’s physical assets, general liability, trustees and officers liability, and broadcast liability
- Assist the CEO on projects and initiatives as directed
- Attend Board and Board Committee meetings and perform specific roles as requested by the CEO
- Attend all Senior Staff Meetings and make presentations as necessary
- Support Chief Development Officer’s fund raising efforts on behalf of the CEO by serving as a key community contact though involvement with business and institutional leaders as well as influential private citizens and foundations.
- BA or BS in finance or accounting.
- Currently active CPA a preference.
- 10 or more years of experience in finance/accounting, with 5 years at the management level.
- Understanding or working knowledge of non-profit organizations a distinct plus.
- Strong communication and social skills to interact extensively with internal and external audiences.
- Ability to manage and work effectively with employees in a collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated experience working in a key senior managerial position
- Knowledge of and relationships within the community a plus.
If you are a person who fits our qualifications and is looking for a career position that will offer you a challenge as well as the opportunity to be part of a team making a meaningful contribution to the community, we want to hear from you. Please submit your letter of interest and a resume to: email@example.com
Public Media Connect, the regional public television organization that includes ThinkTV in Dayton and CET in Cincinnati, is looking for a Videographer. This position will be based in Cincinnati, but the person filling the position will be required to travel to Dayton from time to time to assist with production work at ThinkTV. The person selected will be expected to create and develop visual storytelling across multiple platforms, using videography to inform engage, and entertain viewers
Key Job Duties:
- Create high quality multimedia pieces using videography that accurately informs and entertains audiences.
- Demonstrates a strong command of techniques and sophisticated craftsmanship in video storytelling.
- Handles lighting on remote sites and both lighting and set design /construction in the studio as needed.
- Ability to use basic and advanced techniques to get the optimum video product in any environment
- Experience with advanced multimedia storytelling techniques on multiple platforms
- Bachelor’s in Communications, Journalism, or video production + 2-4 years hands- on experience or equivalent combination
- Ability to work extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays sometimes unexpectedly
- Enjoys working collaboratively within a cross-functional environment.
If interested and qualified, please send a resume and demo reel to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Media Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer