The National Memorial Day Concert is back this year – and its celebrating 25 years of honoring our men and women in uniform, their families at home and all those who have given their lives for our country. The program will air at 8pm Sunday, May 25, on CET and ThinkTV16.
Joe Mantegna and Gary Sinise are returning this year to host the event along with American leader Colin L. Powell USA (Ret.), and veteran actor Gerald McRaney. In addition to the performances, the concert, which is presented live from the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol, will include a thanks from our nation to the veterans of Afghanistan, commemorate the 70th anniversary of World War II’s D-Day and look back at the stories of service and sacrifice featured throughout the years. The concert also will be presented on the American Forces Network so our troops around the world can watch.
This year’s concert will feature the following artists along with the National Symphony Orchestra under the direction of top pops conductor Jack Everly:
- 2013 winner of The Voice and country music sensation Danielle Bradbery
- Broadway and television star Megan Hilty
- Musical prodigy and classical crossover star Jackie Evancho
- World-renowned tenor Anthony Kearns
- Emmy Award-winning actress Dianne Wiest
- Country Music Star Jennifer Nettles
- U.S. Army Herald Trumpets
- U.S. Army Chorus
- U.S. Navy Band Sea Chanters
- U.S. Air Force Singing Sergeants
- The Soldiers’ Chorus
Learn more about the history of the concert here: http://www.pbs.org/national-memorial-day-concert/about/concert-history/.