CET Presents - The 1937 Flood
To this day, January 1937 remains the wettest month ever recorded in Ohio. Record-setting rains pushed the Ohio River and its tributaries over their banks and into the streets and the businesses and homes of friends and neighbors. To commemorate the 50th anniversary of the flood, CET produced a documentary titled THE 1937 FLOOD: A LOOK BACK. You can watch segments of the program here on CETconnect.
Take a trip back in history: read tales of horror and heroism, view the slide show of images we've received from around our communities, and watch the stories told by historian Dan Hurley and people from our community who lived through this ordeal.
- Watch segments of the documentary program THE 1937 FLOOD: A LOOK BACK, along with other flood films.
- Watch an interview with historian Dan Hurley.
- Watch interviews with flood survivors.
- Read stories, letters and accounts from those who lived through the flooding.
- View photographs of the flood and devastation.
- Review a timeline of the 1937 flood.