Careers in Public Broadcasting: Employment opportunities throughout the public broadcasting industry can be found at the Corporation for Public Broadcasting’s Jobline.
CET is an equal opportunity employer.View EEO Public File Report
Corporate Sponsorship Representative
Public Media Connect, the regional public television formed by CET in Cincinnati and ThinkTV in Dayton has an opening for a Corporate Sponsorship Representative. The Corporate Sponsorship Representative will be reporting to our Corporate Sponsorship Manager and will be based ½ time in Cincinnati and ½ time in Dayton. The duties and requirements of this position are as follows:
Summary: This position requires sales skills, knowledge of the community and the ability to secure individual underwriting contracts on a tactical level as well as those of a strategic level. The person in this role must be able to engage prospective clients and translate their needs to internal production staff to create desirable underwriting spots.
- Develop personal contacts and maintain good relationships with businesses, corporations, advertising agencies, and underwriters to solicit underwriting agreements on behalf of CET/ThinkTV.
- Prepare proposals and negotiate rates for all CET/ThinkTV platforms.
- Work with productions department to write and help produce television underwriting spots.
- Write copy adhering to PMC guidelines and FCC policies for non-commercial broadcasters.
- Monitor traffic, productions, and billing for underwriting agreements on behalf of CET and ThinkTV.
- Negotiate adjustments and credits plus handle underwriting complaints and concerns.
- Participate in other Development Department efforts as needed and/or requested.
- Oversee the maintenance of appropriate directories and files on corporations, organizations, agencies, and individuals that are current or prospective underwriting clients.
- Work with PMC’s business office regarding CET/ThinkTV related collections.
- Two or more years of experience in sales and/or development of marketing plans
- BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Understanding of the advertising process for television and on-line platforms
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in meeting sales goals
- Experience in the advertising sales process for television and/or radio, or other media
- Familiarity with media marketing promotions and new business development
- Excellent communications skills with customers and staff members
- Experience with working for and/or with a public broadcasting station preferred
- Familiarity with credit and collections practices preferred
- Ability to plan schedules and meet deadlines, including attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience with the Cincinnati/Dayton marketplace strongly desired
- Ability to work collaboratively in a positive manner to further the public media mission and goals of CET/ThinkTV.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Public Media Connect, the regional public television organization formed by the PBS stations of CET in Cincinnati and Think TV in Dayton has an opening for a Development Associate. The newly created Development Associate position will have a dual reporting to the Director of Major and Planned Giving and the Events Manager and will be based in Dayton. The duties and requirements of this position are as follows:
Summary: The Development Associate will provide administrative support for the major and planned giving programs, assist in the management and execution of fundraising events and other projects, and other day to day tasks in a dual role supporting Major and Planned Giving and Auction, generally on a 50/50 basis. On occasion, will require hours to be worked outside the normal work day.
Major Giving /Planned Giving Fundraising & Support
- Assist with major donor and foundation renewal, thank you and acquisition mailings.
- Make weekly phone calls to prospective or current donors to schedule staff visits.
- Conduct prospect research using online tools and analysis on current/prospective individuals and foundations.
- Assist in the management of a mid-level and major donor program, and planned giving program, which includes assisting with annual recognition events and tracking donor lists.
- Perform a support role on the PMC planned and major giving team, attending meetings, e-mail interaction, conference calls, etc.
- Handle support duties for Visionary mailings (working with Receptionist.)
- Create and/or update calendars for due dates of major gifts, projects, and grants.
- Assist with website updates and email messaging as related to donor fundraising.
- Develop and maintain a standard planned giving pipeline report.
- Assist in database annotation for major and planned giving donors and reference.
- Maintain Sales Force software with sponsor information.
- Assist in the management and execution of community fundraising events in the Dayton region on an annual basis. (some events are off-site)
- Manage all invitation mailing lists, printing invites, and RSVP calls and lists. Produce event nametags.
- Manage event caterer and all event set-up and clean-up needs.
- Work with Art Director and Communications staff for all event graphic needs and promotional opportunities.
- Contact potential auction donors via phone and handle all follow-up communication.
- Check monthly with potential donors.
- Manage list of promised donations.
- Manage pickup of auction donations.
- Transport items between Dayton and Cincinnati as needed.
- Assist with pick up of purchased auction items in Dayton.
- Continuing research for new potential donors.
- Assist with mailings to donors and buyers.
- Participate in monthly auction committee meetings via teleconference.
- Budget oversight: maintaining office supplies and materials for the major and planned giving department at Think TV.
- Assist volunteer and Receptionist in the research, creation, maintenance and on-air component (spots) connected with the monthly Healthy Balance Calendar.
- Perform other duties as may be required from time to time.
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Media Connect, the regional Public television organization formed by CET in Cincinnati and ThinkTV in Dayton, has an opening for a Producer. This Producer position will be reporting to our Executive Producer and will be based in Cincinnati. The duties and requirements of this job are as follows:
Reporting to the Executive Producer, the Producer develops and executes local and regional broadcast and non-broadcast productions. This is a hands-on position that includes producing and production responsibilities for a variety of programs and platforms. The Producer will establish and assure a consistent standard of production quality, relevance, and timeliness for a range of programming, which may have an emphasis on a broad spectrum of subject matter, including arts/cultural, educational/informational, science/technology and community affairs productions.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the production of local programs or projects as assigned.
- Develop, produce, and lead creative special projects, and delivering them on deadline
- Lead and direct support production staff in short and long video productions
- Play multiple roles on your projects, possibly handling videography, audio, editing or all of the above
- Manage budgets, equipment, and all staff in the field/on-location production sites.
- Assist other Producers as required on local productions.
- Coordinate productions with programming, engineering/technology, development, and marketing/communications staff
- Coordinate activities with external partners as needed.
- Maintain awareness of critical regional and community issues and trends
- Support program development by identifying topic and content opportunities and developing related proposals
- Participate in on-air and fundraising activities and productions, which occur periodically throughout the year
- Maintain consistent communication with the Executive Producer regarding progress on assignments.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned or required.
- 3-5 years prior experience in producing diverse content for television and multi-media.
- In-depth knowledge of media production and editorial management.
- Demonstrated innovation, creativity, and excellent writing skills.
- Broad general business skills, including team leadership, decision-making ability, and delegation skills
- Familiar with and ability to use current production software, such as non-linear editing systems, production equipment (cameras, audio equipment, grip, lighting) and Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including trust, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to work seamlessly with media, university, business and community partners
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, including the ability to edit, provide constructive feedback and coach the work of others: also the ability to receive similar feedback on your own work
- Willingness to work in the field, sometimes for extended hours per day or even multi-days and in all kinds of weather conditions
- Excellent organization skills, attentiveness to detail, and the ability to multi-task with aplomb
Bachelor’s degree in media, broadcasting, or communications desired.
If interested and qualified, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Public Media Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer