Careers in Public Broadcasting: Employment opportunities throughout the public broadcasting industry can be found at the Corporation for Public Broadcasting’s Jobline.
CET is an equal opportunity employer.View EEO Public File Report
MASTER CONTROL OPERATOR
Public Media Connect (PMC), the regional public television organization formed by CET in Cincinnati and Thinktv in Dayton, has an opening for a Master Control Operator. This position involves handling a variety of routine technical tasks, including broadcast program monitoring; the monitoring of cable and satellite signal delivery to the viewing audience, and taking corrective action should problems arise.
- Perform on-air switching (manual and automated) for all broadcast channels, monitor and control on-air quality, and keep program and transmitter logs and records.
- Operate transmitters and satellite antennas by remote control
- Set up and operate video tape recorders, digital disk recorders and other server based storage devices for on-air playbacks, recordings, feeds, and for production / post-production activities.
- 4. Set up and operate Technical Center equipment, including audio and video signal processing, patching , routing, and distribution.
- Maintain levels, waveforms, phasing, and other technical qualities and standards in accordance with FCC rules and regulations and PMC policies and procedures.
- Communicate with other PMC staff and other TV broadcast entities as required, pertaining to Master Control operations.
- Assist Maintenance Engineers in trouble-shooting, construction, installation, and routine maintenance projects.
- Interact and assist other Master Control Operators on a regular basis to insure smooth operations.
- Perform light /regular maintenance tasks, area housekeeping and other related work as assigned
- Must be able to work varying shifts (sometimes alone) including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must have reliable transportation, a working phone, and a valid driver’s license.
- Must reside within the Greater Dayton area.
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry typical studio, EFP, and remote truck equipment and work on ladders up to 24 feet.
- One or more years of broadcast engineering operations experience.
- FCC broadcast license/permit or SBE Certification highly desirable
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in electronics and /or Broadcasting engineering Technology or associated field experience preferred.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please submit your resume with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Media Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer