Careers in Public Broadcasting: Employment opportunities throughout the public broadcasting industry can be found at the Corporation for Public Broadcasting’s Jobline.
Public Media Connect is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and an inclusive environment for all employees. Inclusion is one of our core values, wherein we respect the broad diversity of our communities and strive to reflect it in our programs, services, board, and staff.View EEO Public File Report
Position Title: Chief Content Officer (CCO)
Industry: Public Television
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports: Communications Team, Production, and Programming
Public Media Connect (CET and ThinkTV) is currently looking for a Chief Content Officer. As the CCO you will be leading a creative and dynamic content team across multiple platforms. The CCO will serve as the strategic leader and visionary in the production and multi-platform services for programs with regional, national, and international distribution. The CCO will also seek to expand the stations’ reach and opportunities beyond public television, including international co- productions, and other streaming and distribution platforms.
The CCO will oversee all content and marketing operations and lead with a bold strategic vision for station growth. He or She will be a leader who embraces creative storytelling, digital, and social platforms and innovative media strategy. The CCO will build a culture of collaboration, achievement and distinction, driving PMC’s transition to a more collaborative, can- do culture that values big ideas and cross platform successes.
- A successful history of leading, building, assembling and managing creative, high-performing, diverse and inclusive teams.
- Experience leading complex strategic and business initiatives in a multiplatform environment, including prior direct oversight of content development and production of television, digital, and other media.
- Significant experience with strategic programming, content, and business disciplines to deliver successful offerings in the rapidly changing and highly competitive media universe.
- A passion for the power of telling stories about arts/culture, education and public affairs that enhance the quality of life for both residents of and visitors to the region.
- Keen understanding of the station’s target audience (demographic and psychographic), including a deep appreciation of what drives/motivates this audience, how they utilize a wide range of traditional and digital media, and how their consumption patterns are changing.
- Strong knowledge about the digital media landscape, including a deep understanding of trends, opportunities and category direction, as well as direct cross-platform expertise.
- Understanding and experience in children’s education programming is desirable.
- Strong leadership experience and skills that include the ability to attract, hire, train, motivate, coach and retain. A demonstrated ability to lead others and achieve results in a team-oriented environment, while fostering belonging in a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture.
- Exceptional degree of emotional intelligence, displaying a collaborative, transparent, and communicative work style that results in excellence of execution and a supportive/ effective work environment.
- Full resonance with the values of the station.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills and the ability to make effective presentations, including with Board and senior level external constituents.
- An excitement about and a commitment to the mission of the station, and a strong desire to serve its various constituencies, including the community.
- Exceptional business, operational, and administrative skills.
- Impeccable personal integrity and business ethics.
- Demonstrated experience as a transparent, empathetic, and proactive communicator with staff, peers, and subordinates. Adept at communicating effectively across all levels of leadership while inspiring.
- An understanding of the values, sound and sensibility of PBS and enthusiasm for the station, the region, and the value of localism. Knowledge of public media is desirable.
- An understanding of digital behavior and current/emerging digital platforms; experience building audiences, leading the integration of content, including local, national, and international content across platforms.
- A strong track record of applying insights from analytics and benchmarks to content decisions on air and online.
- Familiar with PBS programming distribution, costs and agreements.
- Travel from Cincinnati and Dayton stations will be required on an as needed basis.
If interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Production Associate at CET reports directly to Supervisor of Production Services
Candidate must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand for up to 3 hours, work a flexible schedule, work occasional long hours and occasional evenings and weekends.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Studio production including operation of studio cameras and lighting equipment
- Equipment setup in studio and on location
- Capture video using cameras on location
- Assist in setup of audio equipment
- Video editing
- Supervisor of Production Services can assign Production Associate other duties as needed
Preferred qualities of this candidate would include but not limited to:
- Experience with video editing software such as Adobe Premier Pro or Avid Media Composer preferred but not required
- Strong team-oriented workstyle required
- Valid driver’s license
If interested please send resume to email@example.com
Public Media Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer