At the End of the Rainbow Cake
Surprise your friends this St. Patrick’s Day with this End of the Rainbow Cake!
- 2 Boxes of White or Yellow Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Food Coloring
- Assorted Sprinkles
- Colorful Marshmallows
- Assorted Cereals
Baking the Cake and Prepping to Assemble
- Mix up cake mixes according to the box and pour into 4 individual 8-inch round pans.
- Bake according to box instructions.
- Remove from pans and allow to cool completely.
- Divide icing into three bowls and add in the food coloring of your choice.
- Mix up a cup of marshmallows, a cup of cereal, and a cup of sprinkles and set aside.
Stacking the Cake:
- Place a cake layer onto the platter and add a thin layer of icing on top.
- Add the second layer of cake and a thin layer of icing.
- Cut out a circle in the middle of the cake, leaving 2-3 inches of cake on the outside. You are forming a hole in the middle of the cake.
- Add the third layer of cake on top with a thin layer of icing and cut out the center of the cake to match the layer underneath.
- Fill the hole in the cake with the marshmallow, cereal, and sprinkle mixture.
- Add the fourth and final layer of cake on top to cover the hole.
- Ice the top and sides of the cake completely.
- Decorate however you would like!
- Cut it open and watch all the goodies fall out!