Baked Apples with Vanilla Crème Fraîche
Stephanie makes simple yet delicious Baked Apples
On this episode, Stephanie makes simple yet delicious baked apples, stuffed with a brown sugar and pecan crumble, and topped with a homemade whipped vanilla crème fraiche. This special recipe is easy and perfect for any occasion. You’ve got to try this one out!
- 4 apples, cored and halved
- 1/2 heaping cup whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 8 tbsps melted butter, split between topping and brushing on the apples & drizzling over topping before baking
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, almond flour, brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, and salt. Pour in the melted butter and mix together until the mixture clumps together.
- Use a spoon to scoop out some of the center of the apple half.
- Brush the extra melted butter over each apple half and place in an ungreased baking dish, scoop side up.
- Add a small amount of water to the baking dish and cover the dish with aluminum foil. Place in oven for 15 minutes to slightly soften the apples.
- Remove from oven, uncover and top each apple half with a generous amount of topping.
- Drizzle with a little more butter on top and bake for 20 minutes, or until the apples have softened and the topping is crisp.
- Let cool slightly and top with whipped crème fraiche, or vanilla ice cream, or nothing at all.