Chocolate Smash Egg
Shake things up this Easter season by creating this Chocolate Smash Egg on this Hobby Hunting video! This fun treat is fun for kids and adults alike. You never know what you’re going to find when you break it open…
- Melt a mix of semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate in a small saucepan.
- Pour a tablespoon of the melted chocolate into each mold and use a spoon to completely cover the mold with chocolate.
- Flip over the mold and shake slightly to pour out excess chocolate.
- Place in the freezer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the molds carefully. (Pro Tip: To take the eggs out of the mold, gently push in from various areas on the mold without using too much pressure)
- Place a skillet over the stove on low. Place the middle of the egg on the skillet to melt the sides. This only takes a second.
- Quickly fill the egg with small assorted candy and melt the other half of the egg and place them together to form the whole egg.
- Place in sprinkles to hide the seam. Then, let them sit for at least 15 minutes to let the chocolate harden.
- When ready to eat and break open, use a small mallet or spoon to crack open the egg!