How To Master Macarons
Making macarons doesn’t have to be hard! Learn how to make these masterful macarons on this “Hobby Hunting” video and view the recipe below.
- 85g powdered sugar
- 110g almond flour
- 80g egg whites
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/4tsp cream of tartar
- Combine sifted powdered sugar and almond flour in a large bowl and set aside.
- Beat egg whites in a stand mixer.
- Add in salt and cream of tartar.
- Slowly add in granulated sugar until your meringue comes to stiff peaks.
- Add in food coloring and just combine.
- Slowly fold the meringue mixture into the powdered sugar and almond flour. Keep adding in meringue and folding in until incorporated. Watch this video that goes into detail about how to properly mix your batter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qukJCnps-So.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag and pipe your macaron shells onto a silicon baking sheet.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes and then place in the oven at 300 degrees for 18 minutes.
- Fill with buttercreams, jams, curds – you name it – and enjoy!