Picky-Eater Granola Bars
Make a healthy treat that your kiddos will love! With this basic granola bar recipe, you have free range to decide what mix-ins to use based on your kids’ preferences. You can even let the kiddos get in on the action and help out in the kitchen for this “Parent Hacks” episode!
- 2 cups of Quick Oats
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 cup of Dried Fruit
- 1/2 cup of Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup of Chopped Nuts
- 1/2 cup of Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup of Nut Butter
- 1/2 cup of Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- Begin by choosing what type of dried fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, nut butter and sweetener you would like to use. This is where you can take your child’s preferences into consideration and customize the recipe to your needs!
- Combine all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix everything together until it is well combined. This may take a few minutes as the mixture should be pretty thick.
- Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper and then transfer the granola mixture into the pan.
- Press the mixture down so that it is level across the entire pan.
- Let it rest at least an hour.
- Remove from the pan and cut into bars for your kiddos!
- Store in individual sealed bags or by wrapping each bar in plastic wrap so they do not stick together.