Strawberry Basil Bars
Stephanie uses in-season strawberries and basil to make delicious Strawberry Basil Bars!
Join Stephanie in making Strawberry Basil Bars, perfect for summer! With fresh in-season strawberries and handpicked aromatic basil on a buttery crust, these bars burst with flavor. Learn the step-by-step process, from crust to filling. Elevate your baking skills with this creative recipe that combines sweetness and herbaceous notes. Taste the essence of summer!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 1/4 cups strawberry jam